Look beyond and look within for inspiration.
Inspiration begins within U. Take note of where U are in life right now. What’s working for U, what isn’t? What can U do better? What do U like? What do U love? This is an exercise to become more self-aware. Take notice but don’t judge yourself.
U may find that your life has become a habit and U are simply going through the motions. Day to day, U may be going from one responsibility to another without paying attention to the subtle hints U are given as to what U really want from life. Your inner spirit may have long forgotten what it wants or requires to thrive and live life fully and with purpose. Listen closely to the spirit within U and the subtle messages that present themselves to U to become more aware of your aspirations and dreams. Rarely, will the skies part and U will receive your “ah-ha” moment. You must be in tune with yourself and what you want out of life.
Surround yourself with what inspires you; make it a part of your daily life.
Inspiration for your life is often all around U; in your daily activities, events and the simplest moments. Discover what or who inspires U. It can be an individual, music, a specific event, a positive affirmation or quote, your participation in a specific leisure activity or exercise, watching an inspirational movie or video or simply spending time in nature or visiting a special place that U love.
Get out of your comfort zone. Try new things. There is nothing so uninspiring than going through life never having tried new things or involving yourself in new experiences. U will only be able to determine what U really want out of life by having placed yourself in new, different and challenging circumstances. Change your environment, surround yourself with inspiring people, change up your daily routine, push yourself and try something new.
Inspiration or Aspiration?
Setting goals and realizing them can be less than inspiring at times. U may find yourself wanting more. U may be asking yourself what is your life purpose. Perhaps you are seeking a deeper awareness of who you are and what life’s plan is for U. Aspiring to a life that is greater than U could ever imagine is one of the greatest gifts U can give yourself. Reach for the stars!
- Recall when U have felt most inspired in the past? Write down every inspiring moment U can remember.
- What matters most to U? What do you hold dear to your heart?
- List individuals U find inspiring. What is it about these persons that you find inspiring? What qualities do they possess? Is it their values and beliefs, their actions or how they treat others that you find uplifting?
- Listen to what you tell yourself and what you tell others. Do you carry on a different conversation inside your head than what comes out of your mouth? Are your thoughts in tune with your speech? Sometimes just noticing your own voice and thoughts can help you identify what U find inspiring.
- Carry around a small notepad. Inspirational moments occur throughout our day. Often we fail to recall what has inspired us each and every day. Write down your inspirational moments so U can remember them later.
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ― Albert Einstein