Experience life with all of your senses.
In this learning series, A Fresh Start, Recreate-U.com will begin to explore a myriad of activities to help U start fresh and begin to explore life as U wish. The world is full of experiences for U to explore and enjoy and everyone finds joy in different activities. To fully express who U are and ‘find’ yourself, you must immerse yourself and participate in activities you enjoy and follow your heart. How U use your free time can inspire U, uplift U and captivate U in a very personal way.
Today, I would like to talk about music and how it can transform a day, your mood and how U interact with others and your world.
Why U Should Listen to Music
Humans are connected to music in ways that allows us to interact and understand one another on a different level. Music has a way of transcending the gap in communication. Our favorite musical artists touch our soul with their lyrics and captivating sounds. Sometimes words cannot express the emotions U are feeling. When life is difficult, music can be a constructive way to express what U are feeling. Music can be a very effective way to express yourself and cope with life’s challenges.
Music impacts brain and behavior function. Music moves U; it inspires U. It heightens your awareness of your environment and surroundings. Music has been used to enhance cognitive and physical performance. Music compels U and helps U put your experiences in perspective. Music is able to change your mood and improve your outlook on life. Music can fire U up or help U relax. Music can improve your concentration and help U focus. Music can bring U to tears or make U want to do a happy dance. It can put you to sleep or motivate U to run a marathon.
Music can be an incredible vehicle in helping U capture what U feel and help U make your way through life especially when times are difficult.
- How often do you listen to music? If it less than an hour per day, make a decision to listen to music more often.
- When’s the last time you listened to music and it brought you to tears, made U want to do a happy dance or put you to sleep?
- What is your favorite genre of music? Who is your favorite artist? Why?
- Create a playlist of songs and music that relaxes U, inspires/motivates U, improves your mood and outlook.
- What songs do U listen to because U simply love the lyrics?
There are certain things to keep in mind about choosing music which will make listening a more successful experience for U:
- Listen to music U like.
- Listen to music that inspires U. It can be uplifting, happy, enlightening or quiet and soothing. Choose music which will improve your mood and your overall sense of well-being.
- Listen to lyrics that provide a positive message.
- Try different speeds and music tempos to find music that is appealing to your senses.
Make music a part of your daily life and learn how music can affect U and how it can greatly enhance how U approach life. Who knows? Music might even help U move to the beat of your own drum!
“Remember that you cannot always please everyone and sometimes the very best thing you can do is to stand up, straighten your back, hold your head up high, and meet your own needs. This principle is all about standing up to the world to follow your heart, to be yourself, to “march to the beat of your own drum,” to be who and what U want to be, and to fully express who U are despite others’ potential attempt to suppress U.” ― Brent N. Hunter,